Jan 4, 2009

Dog meat aint so bad.

This was another interesting day of riding. Great views and a big climb.
At the top of the lcimb, with about 5 kms left to my target town, I had been climbing through pine forests and dense brush when this little house at the pass had a group of men eating and they called me over. I went over and accepted the offer for food. They had been having a good time, as i could smell the alcohol in the gallon jug (homemade?), which i declined but ate some of their food. I am always a bit sketchy of eating in surroundings that may not appear too clean (especially due to my africa experience), but I ate anyway. AND...I had knowingly had my first taste of DOG. And u know what...it was GOOD. These men were lumberjacks, as I had been encountering quite a few of these guys, and the villages up in these hills and mountains seem to be geared just for that enterprise. Booze and dogmeat. Cant beat it.













My dog eating pipe smoking moonshine drinking lumberjack buddies.

Me getting treated to a nice meal.
There it is in the middle. hmmmm.

No comments: