Jan 4, 2009

Riding in the Clouds

This day I left my truck stop motel and stopped for breakfast at the market.The market is a great place to find all kinds of goodies for the day's trip, and also some breakfast like egg with noodle or just noodles, or sometimes a sort of stuffed dumpling. This day also turned out to be a great ride. About 40 km downhill, my longest yet. It was truly awesome, and the pics below show some of the scenery, from the noodle shop in the market where i ate to the small mountain villages to the breathtaking hills swallowed up by the clouds. I honestly have to say that this was one of the most incredible sights I have seen. It reminded me of some great pictures I have seen in the past. I wish my pics could express how incredible this sight was which lasted at least a third of the way down. Truly made me appreciate traveling the slow way (by bike), and Nature's artist.








The mainstay here, and in China.

Typical looking house in the mountain village.


Hitting the Pipe early in the morning. It is interesting to me that sometimes people are surprised to see me...and sometimes they dont care i'm there. It has been an experience traveling from Sichuan Province down to Sichuan, and from the big city to the small villages.





These houses were way up high in the mountains, and you could hear the running river down below. As i rode through here I felt like i was riding through the Sierra's. It was incredible.






The cloud enveloped the hills and part of the mountain and provided and incredible sight as I traveled down the path.









No comments: