Jan 4, 2009

Lijiang Old Town

This is Lijiang, the much talked about city in an incredible part of North Yunnan.
It truly is beautiful, with the Naxi minority people, colorful dress, and high mountains. It is also incredibly touristy.
I personally am not a fan of the tourist spots, but this old town was very cool.
But a maze! and hardly any English to help the foreigner.
But its still worth a visit, and the surrounding area's are really the icing on the cake. But too cold for me...I didnt stay long. My main goal was to get out of the cold, which is what i have been subject to for the last two months in Ya'an. No sun, no blue sky, and no fun!
The day I left, the sun came out! just my luck.

The old town is really cool to meander around in, just buy everything outside the city walls...which is what i do. Tightwad goldclub member.
I will bore u with lots of unimpressive pics. I walked around real quick in the morning and took a bunch of shots. No editing software on the road here makes for lackluster pics, but better than nothing.











































No comments: