Jan 28, 2009

Some South China

Again, I have decided to change my intinerary. It's great being ur own boss, eh?
So after deciding to not bore myself (I get bored much too easily) with the same hills of Yunnan, I decided to hit Vietnam. But upon arrival, the embassy is closed, due to the Chinese New Year. Just Great! By the way, i love trains. And, in case ur wondering, squatting on the normal squat hole in the ground toilet wasnt too hard (wiping was hard! Hahahaehehehe--sorry, too descriptive, i know!). Anyways, i have taken the opportunity to go the some really cool lookin areas that i originally planned on which is Guilin and Yangshou. But it's freakin cold, and a bit wet. Just what i wanted to get away from. Oh yeah, and of course I got rid of my rain gear and cold weather clothing so i had to buy thermals again. And today, i searched for a rain parka and many stores are closed due to the holidays, but I asked this lady where she got her parka, and she eventually sold me hers. Dont u love China?? I DO!!! love/hate. yep.
Oh...my bike didnt arrive with the train. Why? I dunno!! did they tell me...I dunno! and then they tried to charge me another 2 quai today for it. I didnt pay! Man, do I play Hard Ball! And yah, i got my bike. And in Kunming I put my bike inside the ticket station, and the cops told me not to. But i did. And then a big group of cops came to talk to me. Hah. I already had my ticket and just walked away. hey, i am a foreign expert!I gots a card dat says so! they cant arrest me...can they?? hehe, not yet anyway.

Traditional wear of the minority ethnic groups of china.
This is the gear of the groups of youths that market any given product. haha, so dang funny. And sometimes they hold big signs and yell out slogans or something. This girl was real cute so i had to take a pic. We almost got married.
This is another fascinating aspect of china not much seen in our home country. Many people were around the park this day with a variety of these signs and pictures. One guy had a guitar and was singing, and had a bunch of pictures of guys in it (dunno what he was doing). These two girls had a picture of a guy laying in a pool of blood. There was also some document from a hospital. He was either dead or they were trying to get him some medical care? It was interesting to watch. Me, being the skeptical mo fo that i am, watched them for a while trying to determine if they were scammers. Quite a few of my chinese friends including the cute girl above, said that ALL CHINESE KNOW they are scammers. I always ask how do they Know?? u know, that epistemology crap. Anyways, they kept their heads bowed and one girl looked very teary eyed. I admit it was a very sad scene. There are alot of these scenes, and old men with bent or crooked feet and legs, old ladies begging for money, mentally ill people walking around, and homeless. Not nearly as many as i have seen at home though. In Laos this was the scene as well, without the signage.
Ah...the train ride, with my bunk mates! I guess i smelled, they all left except for one lady...I think she wanted american boyfriend!

Nice, huh? I rather enjoyed it.
THE bike Man, and er...Bike shop.
This is how we cross the Mekong.
Some just take their car-boat.
Oh yeah, and dont forget to take ur ROOSTER on the Freakin BUS so it can cockadoodle dooo the whole RIDE. Why, I ask, why do roosters not know how to distinguish from morning and afternoon and evening???

No comments: