Jan 14, 2009

More Lao (as the locals say)

I always seem to find the guys drinking the homemade booze. I usually try to stay away (i dont want a repeat of my africa experience), but i sometimes give in if they taunt me enough. I finished the day early and the road ended at the mekong river. I didnt want to cross over to Thailand, so i ended up taking a bus back the way i came so i could go south. They passed the glass around many times. The funny thing is the guy to my right ended up being the driver! But it does help to drink with the staff. Two guys from my left sold the tickets, and he didnt charge me for taking the bike on the bus, which is the norm here in Lao.

Sometimes the road looks like this in the morning when i start riding.



This was my soccer team. I must admit, i dominated! Must have scored at least 3-4 goals. And yea, some kids got knocked around and bloodied...but hey, u play with the big boys and thats what happens.


This kid came running out of the bushes as i was riding. I guess he was a bird catcher. Awesome looking birds.

Sticky Rice. The big mainstay around here...notice how it "sticks together", hence the name. The sauces were great...ended up getting sick later that day riding...on my longest day so far, 120km. Not too fun, but after hacking a bit i was fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The man is having the adventure of a lifetime. Keep 'em coming.

Young Jim