Dec 31, 2008

A couple days in...

This would be a long day. I did 80 km, and only the second day. The day before I did 60km. I surprised myself considering the road was full of hills. This day there would come a 30 km climb. I thought I would die. But with a climb comes the downhill.
About 20 km. Reached speeds of up to 48km. Incredible fun. Almost worth all the hard work. I also met a fellow biker this day, a chinese guy that had been on the road for 3 months. Cool guy, we had a fun ride the rest of the way. Eventually he kept going and I could not keep up and lost him. Tried to find him in Lijiang but with no luck.




Another one of my rooms. This is the standard Truck Stop motel. They are located all throughout the land, near the smaller villages and towns. They are usually 3 bucks. This one had a tv, sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. Sometimes I have to walk far to the W.C. and sometimes I dont. This day I only had to walk downs stairs across the dirt road, near the animals...and wala, the w.c.
One of my basic meals. Potatoes and a vegie and rice, of course. Rice usually comes free when u order food. Except in Yunnan, particulary Kunming, i have had to pay 1 quai for rice. 14 cents. sucks!



Some of the vistas and views along the way. The pics just dont do justice to the landscape.
To my disbelief I saw a cycler early in the morning ahead of me and caught up to him.

No comments: