Nov 4, 2008

Gettin' some food outside of Ya'an

I took a ride to a dam outside of Ya'an, and about 12 km out I stopped at what appeared to be a small restaurant. I'm not sure if it was, but I was brought food and beer...and then everybody proceeded to watch me. It was quite fun.  And, just like the last time I was out riding through the villages outside of Ya'an, I was treated to a free lunch. Hospitality is King around here...and friendliness of course. I guess that is why I  enjoy the rural countryside and the farmers, not to mention the beautiful landscape. It makes riding a real joy. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jim,
I just got ur email and I have been looking at your blog pictures!!I am so happy you are sharing your experiences. I will email you soon! Thanks!! Sounds like an awesome adventure!!
Brandy